Sunday 16 December 2007

Feature: Bored of the Rings - Part 1


WARNING: THIS FEATURE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS DOCUMENT. IT WILL ALSO CONTAIN EXAMPLES OF LANGUAGE THAT MAY BE UNSUITABLE FOR CHILDREN AND READERS OF A SENSITIVE STATE.

Why I hate - The Setting
"There's nothing really wrong with the setting. I really need to write this down. The problem with it is that none of it's real. It's not about the use of CGI background. "

Why I hate - The Characters

The good guys


The bad guys



Why I hate - The Story





Why I hate - The Acting

"There are certain films with actors that I will not watch. There's no point frankly. They could have put computer people in. There was no need to waste the actors' time with this. Elijha Wood does not look amazing for the part. As for Ian Mckellen...no comment. It angers me that much."



Why I hate - The Special Effects





Why I hate - The Director







"Remember, The Hobbit's out and James Bond is in!"

4 comments:

Hoggle said...

Well obviously you have never seen LOTR. Firstly it was shot in New Zealand using REAL hills, sets were also built and obciously some of the movie has to be CGI.
Secondly because you dont like one or two of the actors does not mean you will not enjoy the movie i have watched plenty of movies with actors i dont like but have enjoy the movie. Then you go on about how they could have used CGI charaters instead of people this goes against what you said about how the setting was rubbish because it was all CGI. You are intitled to your own views but i think you at least have some vaild points.

Hoggle said...

i meant to say have some valid points in my last post

BobMarley said...

Fellow critic i feel your views and assumptions are of a child like and dense nature. LOTR was immense not just solely due to the great acting but the setting,time and storyline, obviously written by THE Legend -Peter Jackson who i'll comment on at a later date due to the perplexity and complexity of the great man .After reading your blog the only thing i can say is that you Sir are a Prick of a BOY!

James1245 said...

I feel that your previous comments have been harsh in some respects but I have to agree with alot of their points. Your justification points regarding your distaste for The Lord of The Rings are decidedly insufficiant to provide an accurate or fair assesment of any film.
I write professionally myself and I would not recommend that you persue a career in reviews in any form.